Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School logo

Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School

Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School

Aspire the Heights through Care, Opportunity and Success.

Telephone02 4728 7200


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. The School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

Residential address check must be provided with every application for local enrolment. Evidence must include items listed on the 100-point residential address check information document.

In circumstances where parents are divorced or separated, the school will rely on Family Court Orders to determine the child's place of residence. 

In some cases the Principal may also require:

  • A Statutory Declaration that includes the wording:  The following address, (insert address) is the primary place of residence for (insert child's full name)

Where applicants for enrolment as local students fail to provide the required evidence of their permanent residence, they will be treated as non-local students for the purpose of enrolment.

How to enrol 

During the enrolment process, let the principal know of any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions affecting your child.

For more information, visit high school enrolment or contact us to discuss your child’s enrolment.

Download an application to enrol (PDF 579KB).

The application form must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

Please download the following Nepean Creative and Performing Arts High School enrolment forms:

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Non-local enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

General principles governing non-local enrolment

Our school is a selective high school for the Creative and Performing Arts. Local and non-local students who wish to be considered for enrolment in the Creative and Performing Arts stream need to complete an Application to Audition package. The Audition application process begins in February and closes in April each year for the following year intake.

Change to enrolment legislation

High schools that have a designated drawing area have now had student numbers capped according to the number of their permanent classrooms.

Nepean CAPA High School has exceeded their cap and therefore there are no current vacancies for non-local students who wish to enrol into the mainstream curriculum.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

Distance education schools also provide single subjects for students in Years 9 to 12 to enhance curriculum choice. Please contact us for details.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Orientation day

Orientation Day for Year 7 2020 and new enrolments in other years is Tuesday, 3 December 2019.  

All students must wear their current school uniform, bring a pen and their own morning tea and lunch. A sausage sizzle will be supplied to supplement students' lunch.

All students and parents will have the opportunity to:

  • Meet current students and key staff members
  • Tour the school
  • Ask questions about our school.
  • See our wonderful circus, drama, dance and music performances.
  • Purchase uniform items and equipment, such as aprons and calculators.

Year 7 students only:

  • Can purchase book packs.
  • Pay school fees for next year.
  • Participate in a variety of mini lessons.